Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Doesn't Anyone Believe in Good Customer Service Anymore?

I had an experience yesterday that leads me to believe that good customer service is becoming a thing of the past. I had an appointment scheduled and when I showed up on time, I was told that it needed to be rescheduled because an item that was required for my appointment had not yet arrived. Why was I not told this at least one day before my appointment? I left my work, drove to their office, only to be told that someone tried to call me, when in fact they didn't. I don't know about you, but I consider this behavior from someone that I am paying to be totally unacceptable. It is things like this that make me strive for outstanding customer service in my own business. I know how I felt yesterday and I never want my customers to feel this way. More and more I am experiencing this type of behavior from businesses and most of them don't seem to care if the customer is treated poorly. Is this the norm? What are your expectations?

No comments: